Challoner Double End Tenoners
Challoner Double End Tenoners (DET’s) are manufactured by Diehl Machines in Wabash, Indiana. Challoner DET’s are available in a wide range of frame configurations. Each machine is custom designed for a specific application and production requirement.
Challoner DET’s offer 2 – 4 tooling stations per side and use common frame designs and components as the foundation for a variety of optional tooling units including: trim/hogging; scoring; tenoning; straight and contour profiling; sanding; notching; and dado grooving. The minimum stock trim length is 5.250″ with standard feed chains. The maximum trim length is optional from 48″ to 120″.
Common Challoner Features:
• Heavy fabricated steel base.
• Solid ground steel chain beams.
• Precision linear bearings on movable base.
• LH or RH opening.
• Drive shaft or shaftless synchronized servo drive units for feed chains.
• Friction free steel holddown chains with replaceable rubber pads or
continuous length holddown belts.
• Heavy cast iron tooling unit posts.
• Cast iron vertical and horizontal tooling unit slides.
• Precision feed chains with bottom vee guiding in automatic lubricated
• Automatic motor unit brakes standard.
• Available with or without complete machine sound and dust collection
• LED digital readouts available for individual tooling unit adjustments.
• Standard acme screw or ball screw motor unit positioning available.
• Servo CNC positioning available for traverse; holddowns; stock guide;
chain squaring; and tooling units to accomplish machine setups in seconds.
• “Touch Screen” Operator Interface Terminal (OIT) provided standard.
• Infeed and outfeed systems
• Stock transfer systems.
Challoner Single End Tenoners
Challoner Single End Tenoners (SET’s) are manufactured by Diehl Machines in Wabash, IN. and are custom designed for specific applications and production requirements.
Challoner SET’s are typically used in low volume or custom applications requiring end machining on stock with no tearout on the back edge of the stock. Examples of this would be in recovery operations of premoulded window stock or end machining door rails. The Challoner SET is equipped with a sliding stock carriage where the stock is registered and clamped, then moves through the tooling units to complete the machining. When the machining is complete, the stock carriage returns to the operator loading and unloading position. A variety of optional tooling units are available, including: trim/hogging; scoring; tenoning; straight and contour profiling; sanding; and notching. Challoner SET’s offer up to 4 tooling stations per side. The stock length setting fence can be positioned manually, or as an option be programmed to move automatically to a set position.
Common Challoner Features:
- Heavy fabricated steel base.
- Precision linear bearings on sliding carriage.
- Sliding carriage can be equipped to machine single or multiple pieces.
- Horizontal and vertical stock clamping.
- Two heavy cast iron tooling unit posts.
- Cast iron vertical and horizontal tooling unit slides.
- Automatic motor unit brakes standard.
- LED digital readouts available for individual tooling unit adjustments.
- Stock end stop can be positioned manually or automatically.
- Standard acme screw or ball screw motor unit positioning available.
- Servo CNC positioning for automated machine setups in seconds.
- “Touch Screen” Operator Interface Terminal (OIT) provided standard.
Challoner Entry Door Manufacturing Machines
Challoner machines are now manufactured by Diehl Machines in Wabash, IN. The Challoner line includes several machines designed specifically for machining raised panel door components using dowel construction.
Challoner offers both high production and custom door manufacturing machines for producing door rails, stiles and panels. Most machines can be equipped with CNC controls to assisting in machine setup, increasing production capabilities and manufacturing flexibility.
Please contact us for your specific needs and we will provide you with a detailed customized proposal on the best machine for your application.